Saturday, February 27, 2010

Checking in.


Still in the throes of unemployment and lack of internet connections. The local Mcdonalds is providing wifi, along with screaming toddlers, quarrelsome parents, arthritic seniors, and bored teenagers working at the counter. I'm reminded of Tolstoy and Faulkner who legend has it wrote in their respective village squares.
The 19th and early 20th centuries must have been......quieter.

Decided to work on my novel and will update my books when boredom and cabin fever drive me to public places to get access to the net.

On the other hand, unemployment is helping me get a lot of reading done. My goal is a book a day.

Read thus far:

Knife of Dreams

The Gathering Storm(wow)

The Last Light of the Sun

City of Thieves

The Biographer's Tale

Orcs:Bodyguard of Lightning

Peeps: The Last Days

The Uncommon Reader


Reviews forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment