Monday, November 2, 2009

October Reading

-The Land of the Silver Apples, Nancy Farmer, YA Fantasy novel, 496 pages

-The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, Junot Diaz, novel, 335 pages

-Existentialism is a Humanism, Jean Paul Sartre, philosophy, 91 pages

-This is Me, Jack Vance, Jack Vance, biography, 189 pages

-Crossroads of Twilight, Robert Jordan, fantasy novel, 822 pages

Another poor reading month. Sheesh. I cant seem to get back into my reading groove. For November: getting up to date with the wheel of time series. More Sartre(he doesn't depress me, instead I see more options in life after reading him). I'm also in the mood for historical fiction. Buying a car this month has temporarily wiped out my book money cache. Which means I read what's been lying around. Speaking of which the stack of books on my desk is so tall it has a gangster lean. There is also the local library, but that means paying off fines. Just a sample of the books waiting to be read that I own: The House of the Stag, If On a Winter's Night a Traveller, The Cambridge Introduction to Narrative, Lavinia, Selected Short Stories of Dickens, Essays in Existentialism. And though I blush to admit it, The Malazaan series up to Reaper's Gale. Ive only reached the middle of Gardens of the Moon. Also, Best Served Cold, which because of the upcoming release of Assasin's Creed 2, I feel like reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment